For a thin-crust pizza that can be ready in minutes, try this Buffalo chicken pizza. Whole grain flat breads make an easy crust. For a less spicy Buffalo chicken, hold off on the hot sauce.
- 1 Tbsp trans fat free margarine
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2–3 Tbsp hot sauce, medium to spicy heat
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4 whole grain flat breads (about 7 inches each)
- 2 Tbsp shredded part-skim mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp reduced-fat blue cheese crumbles
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a skillet, melt margarine over medium heat. Add Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and tomato sauce. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Arrange flat breads on baking sheets. Cover each flat bread with chicken mixture, cheeses and scallions. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Yield: 4 servings
Copyright 2016 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010