This Grilled Romaine Lettuce recipe helps you take all the cooking out of the kitchen and onto the grill. The grilled lettuce is topped with a mellow balsamic vinaigrette, bacon and blue cheese.
- 3 heads Romaine lettuce
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 oz cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Remove the leafy outer leaves of each head of romaine. With a knife, slice down the center lengthwise of each head of lettuce, straight down through the core.
- Drizzle both sides of the lettuce halves with 1 Tbsp of the olive oil.
- Grill the romaine halves, flat side down, for about 3 minutes per side, or until slightly charred and warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, shallot, honey, salt and black pepper.
- Remove lettuce from heat. Arrange the lettuce halves on a platter and drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle the lettuce with the bacon and blue cheese. Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010