The drawing for the Powerball jackpot lottery is tonight at 10:59 p.m., with the jackpot estimated to be $1.3 billion. The odds of winning the largest prize in U.S. lottery history are 1 in 292.2 million! With so much Powerball frenzy, Einstein’s Angela Cantwell, Clinical Director of Nursing for Einstein Behavioral Health, offers these tips.
- Be realistic in what you can afford to spend on tickets. Try not to spend money on tickets that you need for household expenses. You’ll not only be disappointed when you don't win, but you may also have guilt over spending money on tickets you couldn’t afford.
- Know that it’s very likely you will have to come to work the day after the drawing. It's fun to dream, but stay grounded that your chances are slim.
- If you’re lucky enough to win—life WILL change in many ways, and not all of them in good ways. Issues with trust may arise. Which relationships are genuine? Are new people entering your life for you or for your money? Privacy and anonymity will be a thing of the past.
- Seek the help of professionals for financial management if you do win. Don't try to go it alone.
- Pursue a passion that you've had your whole life but haven't had the opportunity to explore.
Good luck everyone!