The filling for these nacho snacks works great in corn taco shells too. Perfect party food, these nacho snacks are a fun make-your-own finger food recipe.
- 1 large Spanish onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 24 baked round corn chips
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 avocado, sliced thin
- 2 radishes, sliced thin
- 2 jalapeño peppers, sliced thin
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Hot sauce, optional
1. Lightly coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot.
2. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes while stirring until the onion becomes translucent.
3. Add garlic, cumin and paprika and stir.
4. Add the shredded chicken and stir.
5. Add the stock.
6. Raise the heat to high and bring to a boil.
7. Add cilantro and lime juice and cook for 1 minute.
8. Remove from the heat and stir well. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
9. Top each chip with a tablespoon of chicken mixture and desired toppings. Serve immediately.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010