Here’s a quick dinner for any night of the week—cheese tortellini in a creamy sauce plus your favorite veggies. This tortellini and vegetables recipe will become a favorite.
- 1 can (14 oz) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen vegetables, such as peas, carrots and broccoli
- 1 package (16 oz) frozen cheese tortellini
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the broth and flour. In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until hot. Add the garlic and onion and cook, stirring, until onion is softened, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the broth mixture to the skillet and bring to a boil. Cook the sauce, stirring occasionally, until it thickens, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cheese, parsley and salt.
4. Add vegetables and tortellini to the boiling water; return the water to a simmer and cook until the vegetables and tortellini are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Drain; add to the skillet with the sauce and stir to coat.
Copyright 2015 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010